Leave us your number and we’ll call you.
NDA/NA 2021 Live TigerHill Batch
Starting 25th Dec 2020 | Duration 90 Days | Language: Bilingual (Hindi + English)
* Discount only valid for the next 15 Minutes!
Book Free Counselling Session with Experts
Enter your mobile number and recieve a call from our expert
Meet Your NDA/NA MasterClass Teachers
Course Curriculum & Syllabus
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020 Based On: Nationality
To apply for NDA, YOU must be:
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India or
- A person originally Indian who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
For candidates that belong to categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 must provide a certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India.
However, a Certificate of Eligibility will not be necessary for candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020 Based On: Age Limit
- For NDA 2, candidates must have born not earlier than January 2, 2002, and not later than January 1, 2005.
- For NDA 1, candidates should be born not earlier than July 2, 2001, and not later than July 1, 2004.
- The commission will accept the date of birth that is entered in Class 10 or 12 certificates.
- Candidates need to submit these certificates after the declaration of the result of the written exam.
NDA Eligibility Criteria Based On: Educational Qualification
The educational qualification prescribed for admission to the different academies is given below:
The Army wing of NDA
Passed class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board
The Air Force and Naval wings of NDA and 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA
Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics
- Candidates who are appearing in Class 12 or equivalent examination can apply.
- Candidates appearing in the Class 11 exam are not eligible.
NDA Eligibility Criteria Based On : Marital Status
Only unmarried male candidates will be allowed to apply for the Examination. They should Undertake not-to-marry until they finish their training.
Candidates who marry during the training will be Disqualified and have to refund the expenditure spent on them by the Government.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020 Based On: Physical Standards
Candidates should be physically fit to match the Physical Standards for NDA Exams.
Height & Weight for Army and Air Force
The minimum Height of an ideal candidate should be 157 cms (162.5 cms for Air Force). Special exceptions are allowed for candidates based on the region they belong.
Height (in cms)
Weight (in kgs)
For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum Height will be 5cms less than the Heights mentioned above.
For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height is reduced by 2 cms.
Height and Weight requirements for Navy
Height (In cms)
Weight (in kgs)
Candidates who wish to be pilot need to fulfill the following requirements –
- Leg Length: The minimum of 99 cms and maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: The minimum of 81.50 cms and maximum is 96 cms
- The distance vision (corrected) of candidates should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye.
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D
- Hyper metropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism
- Air Force candidates must not wear spectacles
Candidates can check below the visual standards for Navy and Air Force-
Uncorrected without glass
Corrected with glass
6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)
Limits of Myopia
Limits of Hypermetropia
+2.00 D Sph
Limits of Colour Perception
+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)
N-5 each eye
Candidates must not have any of the Medical Conditions mentioned:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Guidelines regarding Tattoos
- Permanent tattoos are only allowed on the inner side of the forearm.
- Under no circumstances, UPSC accepts tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable.
- In case a candidate belongs to a tribe where it is customary to have a tattoo, acceptance will be granted considering the traditions involved.
Candidates must not have the following Medical Condition:
- Granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders / Ankylosing spondylitis / Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease / Non-articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago, etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Spondylolisthesis / spondylolysis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- SC Heuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine.
- Unilateral / Bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralization or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
Applicants with any of the conditions mentioned below will be disqualified.
- Granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Arthritis / spondylosis
- Scoliosis more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army and Navy).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylosis / Spondylolysis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes.
- Compression fracture of Vertebra.
- Sacralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
Other medical conditions
- There should not be any symptoms of a weak constitution or bodily defects.
- Candidates must have a well-developed chest.
- The function of the bones or joints should be good.
- No history of medical breakdown or fits
- Candidates must have normal hearing capabilities
- No impediment of speech.
- Normal blood pressure with no signs of heart disease or blood vessel disease.
- No liver or spleen enlargement
- No abnormalities in urine
- No skin diseases
- No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
- A sufficient number of natural and sound teeth.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits.
How to Apply for the NDA?
NDA Application consists of two parts, I & II. Below are the steps to fill the Application Form:
- Fill in the required information.
- Choose your Branch.
- Verify your Details.
- Generate Registration ID.
- Pay the fee for the Application.
- Select your Exam Center.
- Upload your Signature & Photograph.